I stole this from Beka's blog, who stole it from someone elses!
1. What did you do in 2008? Started a new job at Glendale Adventist (Grant continued with his new job and CVHS from Sept 07), went to 5 funerals, went to a wedding in Utah, choreographed for and acted in the stake production of Music Man, went to Big Bear, had laser hair removal, bought a house, found out we are expecting #4.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Is that a common thing around here? I joined the YMCA and the Stake Boot Camp.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My sister, Becky. My cousins Jennifer and Janessa. My college room-mates/bridesmaids Eleanor, Christy, & Lillie along with some friends in our ward.
4. Did anyone close to you die? My grandpa White, my husband's grandpa Lokken, my cousin Mark's baby, Kara Larsen (a lady in my home ward), Doug Wrenn (a good friend in the stake), and some other good friends of my parents.
5. What countries did you visit? No countries... Just Utah
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Nothing, it was a very eventful year! Despite all the deaths, it was way better than I ever could have imagined.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? August 25, 2008: I turned 30! September 19th: The day we closed on our house.
8. What was your biggest personal achievement of the year? Buying a house
9. What was your biggest failure? I could have been a better mom.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I got pregnant and had the worst morning/evening sickness of all 4 pregnancies.
11. What was the best thing you bought? A house.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My husband, I'm so proud of him. He is such a great teacher and is coaching 3 sports!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Ashlin is almost 3 and shows no desires to potty train.
14. Where did most of your money go? The house
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The house and "the Office".
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? "Bleeding Love"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Definitely happier, in better shape, and richer.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Yell at my kids.
20. Did you fall in love in 2008? Of course. I have the most wonderful husband and the 3 greatest kids in the world! David Cook also became my new secret crush! Clay Aiken found his way OUT this year!
21. What was your favorite TV program? The Office, So You Think You Can Dance, American Idol, Heroes
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Maybe just a couple people that I don't like as much.
23. What was the best book you read? I did the book club with my old ward. Freakonomics was pretty good.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? Beyonce, Christina Aguilera. I know, I'm a little behind!
26. What did you want and not get? I've got a list that I gave Grant of things he can get me for birthdays, christmas, etc. he's doing pretty good. There's still some things on the list, but the most important things have come.
27. What was your favorite film of this year? The Dark Knight, 27 Dresses
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Dinner and Wicked with Grant, Fun party at my sister's house with Karaoke and Wii!
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? It really was a great year!
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? I finally cut 12 inches off my hair at the end of the year. I'm still plain Jane, but at least I've got a cute haircut and highlights!
31. What kept you sane? A great husband
32. When you think about 2008 what sticks out in your mind? Definately buying a house and the loss of one of my favorite people in the world, my grandpa.
33. Best moment of 2008? Sleeping in our new home.