Thursday, July 19, 2007

Another Week

Ashlin is learning new words everyday. Her favorite is "Mow." She uses this for "yes", "No", "more" and about any other variation to the word that you can think of. Abby is doing her part in teacher Ashlin to be sneaky and to try Mom and Dad's patience. Nonetheless, they are both wonderful.

Stacy is starting her weekly appointments for the baby. This means, of course, we are getting closer to a due date. Stacy also packed our first box for moving in August.

This weekend is my last week of the ELD (English Language Development) class in California. I am happy to not have to go to the Airport again for a while. Flying IS more fun than driving but it is only a replacement stress. The next weekend we will be back in California for Stacy's Brother's return from the Phillipines. He has never met Ashlin so this should be interesting to see how she reacts to him.

Sunday is a big day. I will be released from the Bishopric (if you are in my ward...don't pass that on). It will be nice to have my "Day of Rest" back. Oh, and Tuesday night. It is a bittersweet release. I have learned a lot and, as it goes, just getting used to how things are supposed to be in a calling such as this. I have learned to like a lot of different things that I never thought I would like.

I will be able to play baseball again for a few more weeks. It has been hard to miss so many games. I have not been as reliable as I would have liked. Unfortunately, that is the nature of things right now.

Lastly, over the past few years I have been amazed at how many people have a cell phone and are still almost impossible to get a hold of. For both baseball and church callings, I have tried to contact people and the only way that I can get a return phone call is to track them down at church or to threaten to stop by their house, which works rather well. IF YOU HAVE A CELL PHONE, FEEL FREE TO CALL SOMEONE BACK WHEN THEY LEAVE YOU A MESSAGE. NO ONE IS THAT BUSY.

1 comment:

utmommy said...

Hey Grant!

How are you my friend! I found you over at Melanie's blog. You should come visit mine some time!

Your girls are darling! I'm glad I'll be able to keep up on what's going on with you and your family.

Val